Roasted cauliflower, fennel, and apple combine into one wickedly delicious autumnal soup! Creamy and comforting without a lick of dairy.
- 1 large yellow onion, sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and sliced
- 2 medium fennel bulbs, fronds removed, sliced
- 2 medium parsnips, chopped into 1-inch half circles
- 3 celery stalks, roughly chopped
- 1 large head of cauliflower, chopped into florets
- 1 medium apple, cored and sliced
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp fine sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 5–6 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup unsweetened non-dairy milk (almond, rice, soy, oat…)
-Extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F and line two large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine all of the vegetables and the apple. Drizzle with the olive oil and add the salt, pepper, thyme, and paprika. Toss to coat.
- Divide evenly between the two baking sheets and roast for 25 minutes. Set aside to cool slightly.
- You will need to blend this soup in about three batches, so start by placing one third of the roasted vegetables and 1 1/2-2 cups of broth in a blender. Blend until ultra smooth and creamy, then transfer to a large soup pot.
- Repeat step 4 with the remaining vegetables and broth, adding 1 cup (250 mL) of unsweetened non-dairy milk in the last batch. Add additional vegetable broth until the soup has reached your desired consistency (I used 5 cups of vegetable broth and 1 cup of almond milk, and found that the soup was just the right thickness).
- Warm soup over medium heat until hot. Ladle into bowls and garnish with a drizzle of olive oil and fresh dill, if desired.
- Category: Soup
- Cuisine: Vegan
Keywords: roasted cauliflower soup, roasted fennel apple soup, cauliflower soup, roasted fennel