Meet these healthy blender pumpkin spice oatmeal pancakes! Add all the ingredients to a blender, blend until smooth, and cook. Healthy and easy to digest, these pancakes are made with rolled oats only, so they don’t sit in your stomach like hockey pucks.
- 1/2 cup unsweetened non-dairy milk
- 1 cup rolled oats (certified gluten-free if needed)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened pumpkin puree
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp ginger
- 1/8 tsp cardamom
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- Pinch of cloves
- Pinch of fine sea salt
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 tbsp pure maple syrup
- Butter, ghee, or coconut oil, for cooking
- Place all ingredients in an upright blender. Blend until smooth.
- Heat a large skillet (cast iron works best) over medium heat. Once hot, add 1/2 tsp of butter, ghee, or coconut oil. Cook pancakes, using 1/4 cup of batter for each pancake. You will be able to fit about 2-3 pancakes on the pan at a time.
- Cook pancakes for 2-3 minutes per side. Once cooked, transfer to a wire rack to cool until ready to serve.
- Serve with cinnamon pecan almond butter or nut/seed butter of choice, grain-free granola (optional), additional maple syrup, and/or thinly sliced apple!
Though I have not tried it, I imagine that you can make this recipe vegan by using 1 flax egg (1 tbsp of ground flax mixed with 2.5 tbsp of water) in place of the egg.
Recipe adapted from Fit Mitten Kitchen.
Keywords: pumpkin spice pancakes, pumpkin pancakes, blender pancakes, oatmeal pancakes, healthy pumpkin pancakes