You’ll never want to go back to store-bought nut butter after trying this cinnamon pecan almond butter. A blend of roasted almonds, pecans, coconut sugar, coconut oil, cinnamon, sea salt, and vanilla combines into silky smooth nut butter nirvana.
- 2 cups raw almonds
- 1 cup raw pecans
- 1 1/2 tbsp coconut oil
- 3 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1 pinch of fine sea salt
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F and place almonds and pecans on a large rimmed baking sheet. Roast until fragrant and lightly browned, 10-15 minutes. Set aside to cool fully.
- Transfer the cooled nuts to the bowl of a heavy duty food processor fitted with the ‘S’ blade and process, scraping down sides with a spatula as necessary, until a nut butter consistency is reached. This could take 10 minutes or longer, so be patient! You may wish to add the coconut oil to the mixture about five minutes in to help it along.
- Once a nut butter consistency has been reached, add the coconut oil if you have not already, followed by the coconut sugar, cinnamon, sea salt, and vanilla extract. Turn on the processor once more to incorporate.
- Transfer to a glass jar and leave the lid off for a bit until the nut butter is no longer warm. Then secure the lid and store in a cupboard for a couple of weeks or in the refrigerator for a couple of months.
- Category: nut butter, snack
- Cuisine: vegan, American
Keywords: homemade nut butter, cinnamon pecan almond butter