This watermelon lime chia fresca features homemade watermelon juice that you make in your blender! Water, lime juice, and chia seeds are added to this watermelon juice base to create a hydrating endurance drink
- 3 heaping cups cubed watermelon
- 1 cup plus 1/4 cup water, divided
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 2 tbsp freshly squeezed lime juice
- Place the watermelon cubes in a blender. Add 1/4 cup of water and blend until smooth. Strain the puree into a bowl through a fine mesh sieve, discarding the pulp. You should have 1 1/2 cups of watermelon juice. Divide the watermelon juice between two glasses.
- Add 1/2 cup of water to each glass to dilute the juice slightly (otherwise your drink will be super sweet). Add 1 tbsp of chia seeds to each glass and stir to incorporate. Set aside to ‘gel’ for about five minutes.
- Add 1 tbsp of lime juice to each glass. Chill for a few minutes or enjoy immediately.
- Category: Beverage, Drink
- Cuisine: Vegan, Mexican, Sports Nutrition
Keywords: Chia Fresca, Iskiate, Watermelon Juice, Watermelon Lime Drink, Homemade Sports Drink