These vegan pumpkin spice oatmeal cookies pack a powerful punch! Oat flour, oats, pumpkin, maple syrup, almond butter, warming spices, and chocolate combine into one delightful vegan cookie.
- 1 1/2 cups oat flour
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp cardamom
- 1/8 tsp cloves
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp fine sea salt
- 3/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup blackstrap molasses (or sub an additional 1/4 cup maple syrup for a milder flavour)
- 3 tbsp almond butter or seed butter
- 1 flax egg (1 tbsp ground flax mixed with 2.5 tbsp water, set aside for 5 minutes to thicken)
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips, plus more for topping
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the oat flour, rolled oats, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, cardamom, cloves, baking powder, and salt.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the pumpkin puree, maple syrup, molasses, flax egg, almond or seed butter, and vanilla.
- Pour the dry ingredients over the wet ingredients and stir until combined. Stir in the chocolate chips. The dough should be somewhat stiff. Add a couple more tablespoons of oat flour if the dough is too soft, or a few tablespoons of non-dairy milk if the dough is too stiff.
- Roll dough into 18 equal balls, placing each on the prepared baking sheet as you go. Lightly flatten with wet fingers and press in a few more chocolate chips.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes. Allow the cookies to cool for a couple of minutes on the baking sheet before transferring them to a rack to cool fully.
- Category: Cookies, Dessert, Snack
- Cuisine: Vegan
Keywords: pumpkin spice cookies, vegan pumpkin cookies, vegan pumpkin power cookies, pumpkin breakfast cookies