A pasta salad featuring a green goddess pesto made with basil or parsley, avocado, cashews, lemon, garlic, nutritional yeast, olive oil, salt, and pepper. Perfect for a dish to pass or potluck gathering!
Green Goddess Pesto
- 3 cups (packed) fresh basil or parsley
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice (from approximately 2 large lemons)
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 3/4–1 tsp fine sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium ripe avocado, pitted and flesh scooped out
- 1/4 cup filtered water
- 1 lb // 454 g dry pasta
- 2 medium ripe tomatoes or 2 cups cherry tomatoes, diced/sliced
- 2/3 cup pitted kalamata olives
- 1/2 cup cubed goat feta cheese (omit if vegan)
- Desired amount of Green Goddess Pesto from above recipe
- Make the pesto: Place the basil, olive oil, lemon juice, cashews, salt, pepper, nutritional yeast, garlic, and avocado in the bowl of a food processor fitted with the ‘S’ blade. Begin blending, then add the water in a slow stream through the tube at the top of the machine. Blend until very smooth and creamy, then transfer to an airtight container and cover until ready to use.
- Cook the pasta according to the directions on the package. Drain and allow it to cool for a few minutes.
- Once the pasta has cooled, add desired amount of pesto. I didn’t measure, but I believe I used about half of the pesto in this recipe. Toss to coat.
- Add the tomato, olives, and feta, if using.
- Divide between four plates or bowls, and serve with a fresh green salad and/or crusty bread and butter or olive oil.
The green goddess pesto recipe makes a big batch (likely more than you will need for the pasta salad. Leftovers keep well in the fridge for several days, and it’s delicious on sandwiches/wraps, scrambled eggs, and bean/grain/veg bowls.
- Category: Dinner, Dips, Pesto
- Cuisine: Vegan, Vegetarian, Mediterranean
Keywords: Green Goddess Pesto, Green Goddess, Pesto Pasta Salad