A vegan chocolate ice cream recipe that does not require an ice cream machine! Rich, creamy, and satisfying, this dairy free ice cream with coconut milk, cocoa, and maple syrup is made in a food processor.
- 2 cans (398 mL each) full fat coconut milk
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup raw cane sugar
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp fine sea salt
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Pour the coconut milk, maple syrup, cane sugar, cocoa powder, salt, and vanilla into a blender. Blend for 10 seconds and no longer, as over-blending could affect the texture of the ice cream.
- Pour into two silicone ice cube molds. I found large ones at Whole Foods Market, but small ones will work, too.
- Freeze until firm, at least 3-4 hours.
- Pop out into the bowl of a food processor fitted with the ‘S’ blade. Blend until smooth.
- Transfer to a rectangular airtight container or 9×5-inch loaf pan. Cover and freeze for at least 4 more hours, or until frozen but still scoop-able.
- Serve with berries and cashew chocolate cookie dough balls, chopped small, or other desired toppings.
Keep any leftovers covered in the freezer. Simply remove from the freezer 10 minutes before serving to allow it to soften. Because it is free from stabilizers, this ice cream melts more quickly than store-bought ice creams. Just a heads-up!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes (not including the freezing time)
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: Vegan
Keywords: no churn ice cream, vegan ice cream, homemade coconut ice cream, coconut milk ice cream