These Raw Vegan Blueberry Pecan Ice Cream Sandwiches are the ideal healthy dessert. Blueberry banana ‘ice cream’ is sandwiched between no-bake date-pecan cookies for a healthier take on the classic ice cream sandwich that we all know and love.
Pecan Oat ‘Cookies’
- 3/4 cup raw pecans
- 3/4 cup pitted Medjool dates (about 10- make sure that your dates are nice and fresh for ease of blending)
- 3/4 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 tsp fine sea salt
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
Blueberry Banana Ice Cream
- 3 large frozen bananas
- 1/2 cup frozen blueberries
- Pinch of fine sea salt
- 1/4 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Place the pecans, dates, rolled oats, sea salt, and cinnamon in the bowl of a food processor fitted with the ‘S’ blade.
- Process until everything is finely ground and the mixture can be pressed into a dough.
- Divide into 12 equal balls and place on a parchment paper-lined cookie sheet or other flat surface lined with parchment paper. Lightly flatten into a round cookie shape with your fingers.
- Rinse and dry the food processor. Break up the 3 bananas into the bowl of the food processor fitted with the ‘S’ blade. Add the frozen blueberries, a pinch of fine sea salt, and vanilla. It may take several minutes for the mixture to turn into a soft serve consistency, so be patient. You may need to add a couple of tablespoons of non-dairy milk to aid blending. Do not over-process, as you want to be able to scoop the ice cream onto the cookies.
- Once the ice cream is ready, scoop about 1/3 cup onto 6 cookies, and top with the remaining cookies.
- Serve immediately, or place sandwiches in an airtight container and store in the freezer until ready to enjoy. Remove from the freezer about 10 minutes before serving to allow them to defrost.