This Watermelon, Feta, and Basil Salad with Balsamic Reduction is summer on a platter! Cubes of juicy watermelon are drizzled with homemade balsamic reduction and topped with fresh basil and feta. One of the easiest salad recipes you’ll ever make!
- 6 cups cubed watermelon
- 1 cup basil, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp balsamic reduction (recipe follows)
- 1/2 cup crumbled goat or sheep feta
- 1 cup good quality balsamic vinegar
- Start by making the balsamic reduction. Place the balsamic vinegar in a small saucepan and bring to a low boil over medium-high heat. Turn down heat to medium and simmer, stirring occasionally, until the vinegar has reduced to 1/3 cup and is slightly syrupy (this might take up to 20 minutes). Set aside to cool, then transfer to a glass jar or bottle and cover with the lid.
- Place the watermelon on a serving platter. Drizzle on 2 tbsp of balsamic reduction, the basil, and the feta.
- Divide evenly between 3 plates and enjoy immediately.
MAKE IT VEGAN: Omit the feta cheese. Add 1/2 cup chopped toasted walnuts or 1 cubed avocado instead.
- Category: Salad, Summer
- Cuisine: Vegetarian
Keywords: watermelon salad, summer salad, balsamic reduction, vegetarian salad