Amazing oil-free vegan brownies made with avocado, cashew butter, oat flour, and maple syrup. Best served with a BIG scoop of non-dairy vanilla ice cream and berries. Total swoon!
- 1 1/4 cups oat flour
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp fine sea salt
- 1 large ripe avocado
- 1/4 cup cashew butter
- 1 large egg (can probably sub 1 flax egg (1 tbsp ground flax mixed with 2/5 tbsp water))
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 (85-100 gram) Zazubean Sassy vegan milk chocolate bar, chopped (may sub your favourite dark chocolate if desired//Zazubean Nudie is an 80% dark chocolate bar sweetened with coconut sugar that also works very well in this recipe)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and line a 8×8 or 9×9-inch square baking dish with parchment paper.
- Stir/whisk together the oat flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and sea salt in a medium/large bowl.
- Place the avocado, cashew butter, egg/flax egg, maple syrup, and vanilla in the bowl of a food processor fitted with the ‘S’ blade. Blend until smooth.
- Spoon the avocado mixture over top of the flour mixture and stir just until combined.
- Fold in the chopped chocolate. You can fold in all of it at once or add half to the batter and press the other half on top of the brownie once in the pan.
- Transfer the mixture to the prepared baking dish and bake for 30 minutes.
- Cool for at least 1 hour in the dish before lifting out and transferring to a cooling rack to cool fully. You may transfer the brownie to the fridge at this point to expedite the cooling process.
- Once brownies have cooled completely, slice into 9 squares and enjoy immediately or store in an airtight container in the refrigerator until ready to enjoy. Brownies will keep in the refrigerator for several days.
MAKE THEM VEGAN: Sub a flax egg (1 tbsp ground flax mixed with 2.5 tbsp water) for the egg.
MAKE THEM NUT-FREE: Use sunflower seed butter or tahini instead of the cashew butter. Make sure that your chocolate bar is nut-free.
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: Vegan
Keywords: brownie, oat flour, oil-free, avocado, cashew butter, healthy brownie