A healthier take on Buffalo cauliflower wings, this salad recipe retains all the flavours of its counterpart. Cauliflower is roasted instead of fried and combined with chickpeas, vegetables, and a creamy tahini ranch dressing.
- 1 medium head cauliflower, chopped into florets
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- A couple pinches of sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2½ tbsp vegan hot sauce of choice (not too hot- Frank’s original has the right amount of heat for this recipe)
- 1.5 cups cooked chickpeas
- 3/4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 tsp each fine sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
Creamy Tahini Ranch Dressing
- 1/3 cup tahini
- 1/3 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 cup filtered water
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp pure maple syrup
- 1/4 +1/8 tsp each fine sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup yogurt of choice (goat, sheep, coconut, soy, almond)
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 2 tbsp fresh dill, chopped
- 1 large head romaine lettuce
- 2 carrots, peeled and sliced thin
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- 3 pickles (I use Bubbie’s lacto fermented pickles), sliced into rounds
- 1/2 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F and line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper. Place the cauliflower florets on one baking sheet and drizzle with the olive oil. Sprinkle with the salt and pepper and toss to coat. Place the cauliflower in the oven and roast for 20 minutes. Remove from the oven and add the hot sauce; toss to coat. Roast for 15-18 minutes more, or until crispy.
- While the cauliflower is in the oven, place the chickpeas on the second baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with the salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Toss to coat and roast for 20-22 minutes, or until crispy. They will crisp up more as they cool, so do not over-bake.
- Make the dressing by blending all dressing ingredients except the dill in a blender. Transfer to a bowl and whisk in the dill. Transfer to an airtight jar until ready to use.
- Chop or tear the romaine lettuce and place in a large bowl. Top with the other vegetables and pickles.
- Once the cauliflower and chickpeas have cooled fully, add them to the salad bowl. To serve, divide the salad evenly between four bowls and top with desired amount of dressing.
[click_to_tweet tweet=”A healthier take on Buffalo cauliflower wings, this salad recipe retains all the flavours of its counterpart.” quote=”A healthier take on Buffalo cauliflower wings, this salad recipe retains all the flavours of its counterpart.” theme=”style3″]
[social_warfare buttons=”Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, “]
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Category: Appetizer, Dinner, Lunch, Side Dish
- Cuisine: American, Vegan