Homemade hemp milk is as easy as 1, 2, 3. This chocolate hemp milk recipe is thick, creamy, and luxurious, and works perfectly smoothies and homemade lattes.
- 1 cup hemp hearts (also known as hulled hemp seeds)
- 4 cups filtered water
- 3 pitted Medjool dates, soaked in warm water for 10 minutes and drained if hard
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder or raw cacao powder
- Pinch of fine sea salt
- 3/4 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Place the hemp hearts in a blender. Add the water, dates, cocoa powder, sea salt, and vanilla.
- Cover the blender with the lid and blend on high for 1-2 minutes, until very smooth and creamy.
- If you have a high-speed blender, straining the hemp milk is unnecessary. Simply pour the milk into an airtight glass jar or bottle and refrigerate for up to 5 days. Some settling will occur, in which case you should shake the bottle before each use. If you do not have a a high-speed blender, you may wish to strain the milk through a nut milk bag and either discard the hemp pulp or save it for another use (you can stir it into overnight oats, for instance!).
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Category: Beverage, Breakfast, Snack
- Cuisine: Vegan