Healthy vegan Greek pasta salad made with homemade tofu feta. Packed with summer vegetables, herbs, and protein-rich tofu for the perfect summer lunch or dinner.
- 1 block (454 g) extra firm organic tofu
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 3/4 tsp fine sea salt
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1½ tsp Dijon mustard
Vegetables and Pasta
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced, or 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 medium English cucumber, diced
- 1 orange bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup pitted olives of choice (green or Kalamata)
- 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves, chopped
- 1 cup fresh parsley, stems removed, and finely chopped
- 4 cups dry pasta of choice (rotini, fusilli, penne, or macaroni work best)
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp fine sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 tsp oregano
- Make the tofu feta: Chop the tofu into 1-inch cubes and arrange in an even layer in a 9×13-inch baking dish. Whisk together the lemon juice, sea salt, nutritional yeast, apple cider vinegar, and Dijon mustard in a small bowl and pour all over the tofu. Gently toss to coat and set aside to marinate for at least 1 hour or up to 8 hours in the refrigerator.
- Chop the vegetables, olives, and herbs and cook the pasta according to the package directions. Set the pasta aside to cool completely.
- Combine the dressing ingredients (olive oil, balsamic, lemon juice, Dijon mustard, maple syrup, garlic, salt, pepper, and oregano) in a glass jar, secure lid, and shake to combine.
- To assemble the salad, combine the cooled pasta, vegetables, olives, herbs, tofu feta, and salad dressing in a large bowl and toss to combine. (There will be some leftover tofu feta marinade- you can add some to the salad, or reserve it for another use.)
MAKE IT SOY-FREE: Omit the Tofu Feta and add alternative protein of choice, such as chickpeas or black-eyed peas.
MAKE IT GLUTEN-FREE: Use gluten-free pasta, such as brown rice, quinoa, or chickpea noodles.
[social_warfare buttons=”Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest “]
[click_to_tweet tweet=”Vegan Greek Pasta Salad with Homemade Tofu Feta” quote=”The ultimate heat wave meal, this Vegan Greek Pasta Salad requires minimal cooking and is packed with fresh seasonal ingredients. ” theme=”style3″]
- Category: Dinner, Lunch
- Cuisine: Greek, Vegan