A divine salad packed with seasonal strawberries, asparagus, kale, smoked tofu, and a lemony creamy tahini dressing.
- 1 medium bunch asparagus
- 1/2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup hulled strawberries
- 1 large bunch or 2 small bunches green kale
- 1 package organic smoked tofu (210 g), chopped into 1/2-inch cubes
Creamy Tahini Dressing
- 1/3 cup tahini
- 1/3 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tbsp light or chickpea miso
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 3 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp fine sea salt
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 20 twists freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup filtered water, plus more as needed to thin
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Chop the asparagus into 1-inch pieces and place on the prepared baking sheet. Drizzle with the olive oil and a couple pinches of salt and freshly ground pepper. Roast for 11 minutes, until bright green (don't over-roast or it will become soggy and unappetizing!). Remove from the oven and let it cool completely.
- Wash and dry the kale. Chop it into ribbons and place in a large bowl. Thinly slice the strawberries and set aside.
- Make the dressing: Place all dressing ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Add more water than specified if the dressing seems too thick. Transfer to an airtight container until ready to use.
- Pour 1/2 of the dressing over the kale and use your hands to 'massage' it into the kale. Once kale is fully coated, add the asparagus, strawberries, and chopped smoked tofu. Toss again to incorporate.
- Divide the salad between 4 bowls or plates and drizzle with additional dressing if desired.
MAKE IT SOY-FREE: Use 1 1/2 cups cooked chickpeas instead of the smoked tofu.
MAKE IT OIL-FREE: Steam the asparagus instead of roasting. Omit the oil in the dressing.
- Category: Appetizer, Main Dish, Side Dish
- Cuisine: Vegan