The simplest vegan ice cream, this 3-Ingredient Chocolate Almond Butter Soft Serve is perfect for the hot days of summer when you need something cold, sweet, and satisfying.
- 3 large or 4 medium frozen bananas, broken into chunks
- 3 tbsp Chocolate Almond Butter*
- 1 tbsp natural cocoa powder or raw cacao powder
- Place the bananas in a food processor fitted with the ‘S’ blade and process for 2-5 minutes, scraping down sides of food processor as needed. Once smooth, add the chocolate almond butter and cocoa powder and blend again until fully incorporated.
- Divide between two bowls and serve immediately. Alternatively, place in the freezer for up to 5 hours. Remove a few minutes before serving to allow it to soften.
*Chocolate Almond Butter recipe can be found here.
Soft serve is meant to be enjoyed immediately, but you may freeze it for a few hours before serving. I wouldn’t recommend freezing it for much longer, as it will crystallize too much.
If you don’t want to make the chocolate almond butter, no problem! Just use regular almond butter, and increase the amount of cocoa in the recipe to 2 tbsp.
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American