Delicious 6-ingredient vegan chocolate almond butter that is as healthy as it is tasty.
- 3 cups organic raw European almonds
- 1.5 tbsp virgin coconut oil
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder or raw cacao powder
- ⅓ cup + 1 tbsp coconut sugar
- ¼ tsp fine sea salt
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 325°F and spread the almonds onto a baking sheet. Roast the almonds for 10-15 minutes, or until lightly browned and fragrant. Cool on baking sheet for 15 minutes.
- Once almonds have cooled, transfer them to a food processor fitted with the S blade and blend, stopping the motor and scraping down sides with a spatula as needed, for 10-15 minutes, until the almonds turn into an almond butter consistency. Be patient: you might be skeptical at the beginning, but the almonds WILL turn into almond butter after 10-15 minutes.
- Stop the motor, remove the lid, and add the coconut oil, cocoa, coconut sugar, sea salt, and vanilla extract. Process for 2-5 minutes more, until the nut butter is silky smooth.
- Transfer to a glass jar with an airtight lid and store at room temperature.
- Category: Breakfast, Dessert, Snack
- Cuisine: American, Vegan