A healthy hot chocolate made with cashew butter, coconut oil, cocoa, cinnamon, reishi mushroom, and sweetened with Medjool date. The perfect cozy tonic for your body and soul.
- 1 1/4 cups unsweetened non-dairy milk
- 1/2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/2 tbsp Botanica Reishi Hot Cocoa (see note)
- 1 tbsp cashew butter or other nut/seed butter
- 1/8 tsp cinnamon
- 1 pitted Medjool date
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch of fine sea salt
- 1/2 tsp virgin coconut oil (makes it ultra frothy)
- Place all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour into a small saucepan and heat over medium, whisking occasionally, until hot. Pour into a mug and enjoy.
I used Botanica Reishi Hot Cocoa in this recipe (not sponsored, just a product I really enjoy). If you are unable to find this product, simply use an additional 1/2 tbsp of cocoa powder instead!
- Category: Dessert, Snack
- Cuisine: Vegan