A vegan cream cheese-style frosting made in your blender.
- 1 cup cashews, soaked in cool water for 8 hours or hot water for 1 hour, drained and rinsed
- 2 tbsp virgin coconut oil
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 118 mL coconut cream (1 small can)
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Pinch sea salt
- Place all ingredients into a high-speed blender, such as a Vitamix or Blendtec, scraping down sides as needed, and blend until very smooth and creamy. This may take a few minutes.
- Place icing in a glass container, cover, and place in the freezer for at least 1 hour, until beginning to firm up.
- Empty the icing into a mixing bowl. Beat until smooth. Refrigerate until ready to use. This icing does not remain firm at room temperature, so it’s best to frost cake right before serving.
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: Vegan