This is the ultimate cozy drink for a lazy weekend morning! This is not your average mocha, either- it’s packed with healthy fats from cashews and coconut butter, and it gets its sweetness from Medjool dates instead of sugar. Spice it up with some cinnamon and a pinch of cayenne, and you have yourself one healthy beverage.
- 1/2 cup non-dairy milk of choice
- 1 tsp coconut butter
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder or raw cacao powder
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- Pinch of cayenne, to taste (optional but recommended!)
- 1/4 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1–2 pitted Medjool dates, depending on desired sweetness
- 3 tbsp raw cashews
- 1 cup strong brewed coffee (hot)
- In a small pot, whisk together non-dairy milk, coconut butter, cocoa, cinnamon, cayenne, vanilla, and date over medium heat. Whisk occasionally until warm. Turn down heat to medium-low.
- Add the cashews and brewed coffee to a high-speed blender. Blend on high until smooth.
- Add the almond milk mixture to the blender and blend again until frothy, about 30 seconds.
- Pour into your favourite mug and enjoy!