Chocolate Milkshake Smoothie Bowl
This vegan chocolate milkshake smoothie bowl comes together in 5 minutes, making it the perfect weekday breakfast! Packed with three healthy seeds, banana, avocado, and naturally sweetened with a Medjool date and honey, it'll energize you for hours!
Prep Time5 mins
Total Time5 mins
- 1 large frozen banana
- 1/2 an avocado, pitted
- 1 pitted Medjool date (if it is dry, soak in warm water for 10 minutes)
- 1 tsp raw honey or pure maple syrup
- 2 tbsp raw cacao or cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp tahini or nut or seed butter of choice
- 1 tbsp ground flax
- 2 tbsp hemp seeds
- 1 cup almond milk
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of cinnamon
- 2 ice cubes
- 2 tbsp yogurt of choice (coconut, soy, sheep, goat)
- 1/4 cup granola of choice
- 1/4 cup berries or cherries
Place all ingredients in a blender and blend until very smooth. Remember that you are aiming for a thick, milkshake-like consistency.
Pour into a bowl (or a large glass if you prefer to enjoy as a more traditional milkshake. Garnish with desired toppings and serve immediately. For a fancy effect (as pictured), carefully 1 tbsp yogurt in a horizontal line. Use a butter knife and strike it through the yogurt in the opposite direction. Repeat with the remaining yogurt, adding more as needed).