A healthy alternative to other ice creams, this Chocolate Almond Butter Soft Serve is the perfect summer dessert!SKIP TO RECIPE!
Remember how I shared my chocolate almond butter recipe a couple of days ago?
You didn’t think that I was just going to leave you to your own devices with that jar of deliciousness, did you?
I mean, I suppose there are worse things to be left to your own devices with than a jar of homemade organic chocolate almond butter. But I, for one, wanted to put it to use in as many iterations possible.
And that is how this 3-ingredient, 5-minute Chocolate Almond Butter Soft Serve was born.
Have you made banana soft serve before? We have the talented Gena Hamshaw of The Full Helping blog to thank for the popularity of this tasty, raw vegan ‘ice cream.’ I have been making it for many years now, particularly in the summer time when I am in need of a quick, cold sweet treat. Since beginning to play around with the original recipe (which is simply bananas), I have found that the addition of nut butter helps to mask the banana flavour and makes it taste more like an authentic soft serve ice cream. Not that there’s anything wrong with the taste of bananas, but I don’t always crave their somewhat overwhelming flavour on their own! If you are like me, you are going to LOVE this recipe.
My chocolate almond butter blends up with frozen bananas into creamy perfection.
This dessert or snack is perfect for those times when it’s either too hot to bake something, or you simply don’t have the time. It’s packed with potassium, fibre, and healthy fat to boot!
To make this Chocolate Almond Butter Soft Serve, you will need:
-3 large (or 4 medium) frozen bananas
-3 tbsp Chocolate Almond Butter (or sub another nut or seed butter in a pinch)
-1 tbsp natural cocoa powder (or raw cacao powder)
The only equipment that you need is a food processor and two bowls, or a glass container for storing.
Here’s the recipe. Enjoy!
Chocolate Almond Butter Soft Serve
- Food processor
- 3 large or 4 medium frozen bananas, broken into chunks
- 3 tbsp Chocolate Almond Butter*
- 1 tbsp natural cocoa powder or raw cacao powder
- Place the bananas in a food processor fitted with the 'S' blade and process for 2-5 minutes, scraping down sides of food processor as needed. Once smooth, add the chocolate almond butter and cocoa powder and blend again until fully incorporated.
- Divide between two bowls and serve immediately. Alternatively, place in the freezer for up to 5 hours. Remove a few minutes before serving to allow it to soften.
If you make this recipe, be sure to tag me @upbeet.kitchen and #upbeetkitchen on Instagram!
Thanks for reading, and have a lovely weekend, friends!
Pin this for later: