This tofu is guaranteed to turn any tofu hater into a lover! Nobody can resist the sweet, salty, and mildly spicy flavour of this dish. It is also incredibly versatile, and works well as a filling in wraps, a topping for bowls, and on its own as a tasty, protein-rich snack!
Time: 30 minutes marinating + 15 minutes cooking
3 tbsp tamari
2 tbsp pure maple syrup
2 tbsp sriracha (I like Simply Natural brand organic sriracha)
1 block (350 g) extra firm organic tofu, diced into 1-inch cubes
1 tbsp virgin coconut oil
- In a large bowl, whisk together tamari, maple syrup, and sriracha.
- Add tofu and toss to combine.
- Allow tofu to marinate for at least 30 minutes, or up to 8 hours, if possible.
- In a large skillet (preferably cast iron), heat coconut oil over medium heat. Once hot, add the tofu.
- Cook tofu for about five minutes, then carefully flip and cook for five minutes on the other side.
- Continue cooking the tofu until most of the marinade has caramelized and the tofu itself is crispy.
- Remove from heat and enjoy in wraps, on bowls, or as part of a plate with roasted sweet potato, greens, and sauce. The sky really is the limit with this tofu.