Hello and welcome to my blog!! I have been reading different food/health/wellness blogs for years now and figured that I’d give it a try myself. It’s going to be a work in progress for the next several months but I don’t think there is ever a moment where one is 100 percent ready to try something new. I’m jumping in and learning as I go. Any feedback is welcome!
Today’s recipe is one that, if you are anything like me, you will find yourself making over and over again! I wanted my first recipe to be a memorable one, and I think that these fit the bill quite well. Chocolate banana protein pancakes for the win, guys.
I think that you will love these pancakes. They’re:
Easy to make
High in protein (32 grams PER SERVING!)
I hope that you love these. If you make them, let me know! Tag me on Instagram @holisticallie and #holisticallie, or share this recipe with your friends on Facebook.
Chocolate Banana Protein Pancakes
Gluten-free, Vegetarian, Soy-free, Dairy-free, Wheat-free
2 organic free range eggs
1 medium ripe and speckled banana
1 scoop (35 g) Garden of Life All in One Nutritional Shake Vanilla (or protein powder of choice)
1/4 cup oat flour
1 tbsp raw cacao powder
1 tsp aluminum-free baking powder
Pinch of fine sea salt or pink Himalayan salt
1 tbsp coconut oil
- Place all ingredients in an upright blender and blend until smooth.
- Add the coconut oil into a large cast iron skillet and heat pan to medium-high. You will know that the pan is hot enough when a drop of water sizzles upon contact.
- Pour equal amounts of pancake batter onto the pan. I was able to fit three pancakes onto the pan at once.
- Cook pancakes for 3 minutes on one side, or until small bubbles begin to form around the outside of each pancake. Flip and cook for two minutes on the other side. Repeat with remaining batter. I ended up with five pancakes altogether, enough for a tall stack of delicious protein pancakes. 😀
- Top with whatever your heart desires. I chose coconut yogurt, strawberries, and maple syrup. I can imagine that banana, peanut butter, and chocolate chips would be all kinds of amazing if you’re going for a more indulgent brunch situation. 😉 But I wouldn’t know anything about that. Riiiiight?
Thanks for visiting! I’ll be back soon with a new recipe.